Buy 'Hands' - my new recording with Dave Binney, Tom Rainey, and Chris Guilfoyle!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

On Tour with Jim Black and Julian Arguelles



I'm on the road with Jim and Julian at the moment - this is a trio that has played together, (and recorded for Auand), for a while - this is our third tour and so far as much or even more fun than the the others. The group has a real free-wheeling way of playing which I love. We have some composed material but the vast majority of the music on the gigs is improvised on the spot. I think the blend of our three personalities - a similar broad outlook and background but with enough differences in the details of how we play to keep it interesting - makes for very creative music making.

I'm keeping a tour diary on my website blog - you can see it here It's an improvised opening from the Dublin gig.

You can here some of the music from the tour here

And here's a clip of the trio in action taken on the last tour

No comments:

Post a Comment